Tuesday 28 July 2015

A city without a drainage system

             Hello, its me Frogulus, like always in my usual traveling syndrome. I found myself in Asaba, the capital city of Delta state and tagged with a lovely slogan " The big heart of 9ja".
             I was so excited to be in Asaba, at least free from traffic unlike Lagos. Going around the city I noticed there were no drainage system. ( A drainage system is a system of watercourse or drains for carrying off excess water). This got me thinking how the situation will be when it rains. Indeed when it rained it was a disaster.
Hmm, with the flood, the economic activities in the city was on hold. It is logical where there is no proper or no drainage system, the whole place is in pandemonium. Floods can also be a threat to the environment and its occupants.



Ministry of Agriculture Road





Jesus saves road.
It is logical where there is no proper or no drainage system, the whole place is in pandemonium. Floods can also be a threat to the environment and its occupants.
- drinking water is polluted.
- the lose of lives and properties.
- damaging of buildings, facilities and even infrastructure.
- epidemics and disease are likely to occur.
water borne disease could spread.
- halt or decline in economic activities.
- unwanted spending of money while trying to fix, repair or place what had been damage during the flooding.
To minimize the rate of flood destruction, a proper drainage system should be design and construct. taking into consideration the land, soil, terrain, slope etc. It is not just cutting open holes by the sides of the roads and tagged them gutters and think the situation or problems has been solved. It involves getting experts to plan, design and construct the city drainage system. Asaba residents you are indeed " the big heart of 9ja". Hmm it has been whispered into my ears that some cities are on the same platform with Asaba city or even on a higher scale. I wonder which?
Meanwhile, let me go get a rain boat, it is the first on my scale of preference in Asaba.
          POW, I surrender !

Dla Road.
                     

direct labour agency

inter bau roundabout leading to government house

women affair nursery school

                                          

No comments :

Post a Comment